2022 General Election
The 2022 California midterm elections took place on November 8, 2022.
Courage California endorsed 23 candidates for state and local offices.
Fifteen won, including LA Mayor-elect Karen Bass, Assemblymember Pilar Schiavo who defeated a Republican incumbent in the Los Angeles region, and State Controller-elect Malia Cohen, who will be the first Black controller for the state.
Thank you and congratulations! All of Courage’s election work was made possible with your support.
Enjoy our end-of-year episode of Courage, It Looks Good on You! podcast with our thanks to you from each member of the Courage team.
Courage California 2022 Endorsed Candidates
Courage California endorsed candidates who will serve all Californians, effectively and equitably.
- Attorney General Rob Bonta
- Secretary of State Shirley Weber
- Malia Cohen (State Controller)
- Liz Ortega-Toro (AD20)
- Jessica Self (AD22)
- Alex Lee (AD24)
- Pilar Schiavo (AD40)
- Christy Holstege (AD47)
- Rick Chavez Zbur (AD51)
- Corey Jackson (AD60)
- Tina McKinnor (AD61)
- Fauzia Rizvi (AD63)
- Fatima Iqbal-Zubair (AD65)
- Tim Robertson (SD4)
- Paula Villescaz (SD6)
- Dave Jones (SD8)
- Aisha Wahab (SD10)
- Caroline Menjivar (SD20)
- Lola Smallwood-Cuevas (SD28)
- Catherine Blakespear (SD38)
- Joseph Rocha (SD40)
- Congresswoman Karen Bass (Los Angeles Mayor)
- Alameda County District Attorney: Pamela Price
Courage California 2022 Endorsed Ballot Measures
- Yes on Prop. 1: Right to Reproductive Freedom – PASSED
- Yes on Prop. 28: Art and Music K-12 Education Funding Initiative – PASSED
- Yes on Prop. 29: Dialysis Patient Safety – FAILED
- Yes on Prop. 30: Clean Cars and Clean Air Act – FAILED
- Yes on Prop. 31: Flavored Tobacco Products Ban Referendum – PASSED