The Supreme Court issued its opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, overruling Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey.
Courage California is committed to enshrine abortion protections championed by the California Future of Abortion Council, direct resources to ACCESS Reproductive Justice to support abortion for people in California and from states in which abortion is illegal and endorse and elect pro-choice candidates at all levels of government.
Abortion is legal in California. Courage California will fight to ensure that this will continue to be the case in our state and that our state’s model of expanding rights and protections will be the nationwide standard. Californians and people across the nation must stand together, fight for the rights of all Americans, and take action to ensure we elect leaders with the courage to uphold the will of the people.
View the opinions:
Read our statement:
Check out our blog:
Six things you can do to protect abortion:
- Donate to ACCESS Reproductive Justice — the only abortion fund in California — and Courage California in order to ensure people in California and people traveling to California can safety access abortion care and to continue the fight to enshrine abortion protection in California and the nation.
- Sign our joint petition calling on Google to delete location data that could be used to prosecute people seeking abortions.
- Email Senator Feinstein and ask her to vote to abolish the filibuster and pass the Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022 and make abortion federally protected again.
- Listen to our latest episode of our “Courage – It Looks Good On You” podcast, which discusses abortion and features Nourbese Flint of Planned Parenthood, Onyemma Obiekea of Black Women for Wellness, Shannon Hovis of NARAL Pro-Choice CA, and Sierra Harris of the National Network of Abortion Funds. Learn how California’s fight to expand abortion rights and access can be a model for the nation.
- Sign up to receive our November 8 general election voter guide to see which federal, state, and local leaders and candidates support or oppose abortion.
- VOTE for Proposition 1 on your November 8 general election ballot! SCA 10, constitutional amendment to explicitly provide for the fundamental constitutional right to abortion and contraception.
Abortion Rights Resources
|ACCESS REPRODUCTIVE JUSTICE||ACCESS removes barriers and builds the power of Californians to achieve reproductive justice.||accessrj.org|
|California Future of Abortion Council||The CA FAB Council works in collaboration with policy makers, researchers, advocates, providers, patients, and key constituents to determine potential challenges in the state and recommend solutions that will continue to provide access and stability for both Californians and those who may seek services here from out of state.||cafabcouncil.org|
|Liberate Abortion||The Liberate Abortion Campaign is a multi-tactical coalition of more than 150 organizations who have come together to expand power, grow compassion, provide education, and build a groundswell of support for abortion access across the United States.||liberateabortion.org|
|#BansOffOurBodies||Social Media Kit: Show you’re part of the movement against abortion bans. Post these images on social media and say: #BansOffOurBodies||plannedparenthoodaction.org|
YOU DESERVE BETTER
You Deserve Better is a campaign by Black Women for Wellness Action Project and Courage California. Using a speculative fiction format, we take a closer look at the horrors of crisis pregnancy centers.
Check out YouDeserveBetter.Us to learn how to spot a fake clinic, what your rights are, and actions you can take to stop these harmful practices.