“No to the Recall, Yes to Progress” (Virtual) Town Hall was held on Aug. 12, 2021 and featured statewide and community advocates, and elected officials to discuss the Sept. 14 Gubernatorial Recall.
During the Town Hall, Courage California released key highlights from a statewide youth poll (registered CA voters between the ages of 18-29) commissioned in partnership with Data for Social Good, Communities for a New California, and Inland Empire United.
Hear about what’s at stake, why it matters for all eligible Californians to vote, and what you can do now to say No to the Recall, Yes to Progress!
“No to the Recall, Yes to Progress” (Virtual) Town Hall participants:
- Courage California: Irene Kao, Executive Director
- Data for Social Good: José Luis, CEO and Lisa García Bedolla, President and Board Chair
- California League of Conservation Voters (CLCV): Matt Abularach-Macias, Campaigns and Organizing Manager
- Chispa: Hairo Cortes, Executive Director
- Inland Empire United: Vonya Quarles, Board Member
- Women Against the Recall (WAR): Aimee Allison, Steering Committee Member and Founder and President of She the People
- San Diego Supervisor Nora Vargas
- Assemblymember Alex Lee
- Alliance of Californians for Civic Empowerment (ACCE) Action: Juan Rubalcava, Civic Engagement Coordinator
- Black Women for Wellness Action Project (BWWAP): Onyemma Obiekea, Program Coordinator
- LA Voice Action: Tina McKinnor, Deputy Director
- NARAL Pro-Choice CA: Gina Moore, California Organizing Manager
- Stop the Republican Recall campaign: Lindsay Hopkins and Eric Alfaro
Correction: Voters may choose a write-in candidate on the second question on the ballot, but that candidate must be from a certified list of write-in candidates for the vote to count. Write-in candidates must file by August 31. The certified list of write-in candidates will be available on September 3.
Vote by mail ballots will be delivered the week of Aug. 16.
Vote NO on the Sept. 14 Recall Election against Gov. Gavin Newsom!