The $3.5 trillion budget plan being negotiated in Congress right now has some of the most progressive steps forward in a generation:
- Universal pre-K and a child care benefit for working families
- Tuition-free community college
- Paid and medical leave for 12 weeks
- Dental, vision, and hearing benefits in Medicare
- Consumer rebates for green energy and tax incentives for green transportation
- Affordable housing and a public land conservation work program
But Senator Joe Manchin and other conservative Democrats are threatening to torpedo it. We can’t let that happen.
We need every single Democratic senator on board, including Manchin. That’s why we are asking you to call your senators right now and tell them they need to vote for this budget.